Tuesday 19 January 2010

Always something!!!

I have not posted in a few days because of a family 'situation'. Unfortunately it is just another one in a long line of 'situations' for this particular family member and it has caused a lot of people upset and anxiety. It is far from over but I have decided to take one step back and decided my husband and childrens' welfares are the most important things for me to consider!

Anyway, on a different note, I have been having a hard time this week with the children. It seems to get to a certain time of evening and the children become uncontrollable. I especially find one of my children a lot more challenging than the rest and is continually causing trouble between the siblings, fighting etc even as I type it is like WWIII downstairs. This particular child has been demanding since birth and numerous 'punishments' (naughty stool, up-to-bed, reasoned with, privileges stopped and many more) have been carried out to no avail. I am now at a loss as to what to do and am finding it very wearing. On a one-to-one basis this child could be no more perfect but put in an environment where there is deemed to be 'competition' with other siblings it is a totally different story.

If anybody may read this in the future I would love some advice, as I am pretty sure things will not have changed much!

I have also been thinking about homeschooling a lot. I love to have the children with me and can't wait for the holidays and we love doing things together, I just don't think I am either patient enough or clever enough to do this. I hope it is something I don't regret though!!!

Well, I better be going, Ben has lost his ipod and is not very happy and Ellie is trying to do some maths homework with not much success. But now that the family drama is not at the forefront of my mind (well for the time being at any rate) hopefully my posts will be more regular from today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment