Thursday 7 January 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

After almost three solid days of putting toys away, tidying, vacuuming and washing I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Christmas has gone and an almost tidy New Year has taken its place. Our house will never be completely tidy or toy free but at least it is now at the manageable point! At least I can leave the house now without feeling guilty that I am going out and not leaving the mess behind.

Not that I want to be going out anytime soon, it is still so cold and snowy. I had to pick Lydia and Ben up from school tonight and it is the first time Max has really been out in the snow and he was freezing. I had put two pairs of trousers on him, a top, then his all in one rain suit, his winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves and he was still shivering. The problem was the buggy would not push in the snow, he is scared of walking in it (he has a few funny things like that) and I had thrown out the sledge two years ago as it had been left outside and wasn't any good. Then, I remembered the Little Tikes Rocking Horse was outside, I found some rope and tied it around the handles and tah dah........brand new sledge!!! He didn't like it at first, especially when I was going down the kerb and he fell off, but he soon got used to it. It is supposed to be the coldest winter here for 30 years now (the coldest night tomorrow night) and there are serious concerns that the gas supply will be running out soon. I dread to think what people will do if that happens!!!

Well I think that I am going to have a relaxing day tomorrow, or as relaxing as it gets. I still have got the washing mountain to get down a bit more and both the rabbits need cleaning out but that is about as far as it goes. Max got lots of books, games and some Playdoh for Christmas and I think it might be nice for us to spend some 'play' time together.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea for the day to me. I love the horse idea! Brilliant. Good luck staying warm!

    ReplyDelete